Consultants Mark Edelmann, of EPM Architecture, and Wayne Wade, of Wade Associates, presented preliminary concepts for improvements to the Swim Center at a public meeting on March 25.
Goals for the renovation are as follows:
• Replace plumbing and gutters.
• Replace filtration system.
• Add pool heater.
• Sand blast and epoxy paint pool.
• Replace concrete deck/ modify design.
• Replace deck equipment.
• Add zero depth beach entry.
• Perform renovations to meet ADA codes.
• Perform renovations to meet ADA codes and add family changing facilities.
• Perform interior cosmetic and amenity upgrades.
• Renovate, redesign, and upgrade all HVAC plumbing and electrical systems.
• Improve the efficiency of the patron admission process, and allow direct entry to the facility without passing through the changing areas.
Additional Alternate Improvements
• Add splash pad.
• Add combination flume and speed slide.
• Add small flume slide.
• Add poolside climbing wall.
• Add leisure spray features.
• Add ADA parking
Although there are no cost estimates for the project yet, the budget is $3.3 million. Work is set to start the day after Labor Day, after the 2013 season ends and conclude before the start of the 2014 sessions so swimmers do not miss any time in the water.
Here is a link to the presentation with complete drawings: http://mtlebanon.org/DocumentCenter/View/9421
Public comment is welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep the project on schedule, the deadline for comments is April 2.