mtl Mt. Lebanon magazine
Trusted by the public and frequently honored by the journalism community, mtl, is our not-for-profit magazine.
mtl-Mt. Lebanon Magazine is published by the Mt. Lebanon Public Information Office as a non-profit source of information. Our goal is to increase the transparency of municipal government, to give you the information you need to have input into the decision-making process and to promote pride in our community, including our schools, neighborhoods, housing stock, municipal services, recreation programs and unique professional services and businesses. Because regional coverage of suburban municipalities is dwindling, a trusted source of local information such as mtl-Mt. Lebanon Magazine is becoming ever more important. Our community partners know that when they request coverage or submit story ideas, we do our best to comply.
We publish mtl-Mt. Lebanon Magazine according to the highest ethical standards of journalism. No advertiser or individual can buy a story or a cover; our ads and sponsored content are clearly delineated and separated from our editorial content. We enjoy a good relationship with other fine magazines and newspapers in the Pittsburgh whose primary commitment is to inform, educate and entertaining readers.
In publication for 38 years, mtl-Mt. Lebanon Magazine continues to move ahead with the journalistic quality and distinctive graphics that have brought it loyal readership and national recognition. It is published by the Mt. Lebanon municipal government by a professional staff… but it doesn’t look like a government publication.
mtl-Mt. Lebanon Magazine is well read: As they have for the past 38 years, nine out of 10 Mt. Lebanon residents say they read mtl magazine every month. Forty-three percent spend an hour or more with each issue. Forty-eight percent pass their copy on to one or more people.
Sixty-three percent of survey respondents say they receive one-half or more of their community information—including recreation schedules, continuing education courses, municipal development, features and news on local business activities—from mtl-Mt. Lebanon Magazine. Sixty-seven percent rate the magazine’s advertising “good to excellent.”
mtl-Mt. Lebanon Magazine is a winner. Golden Quill, Matrix, International Association of Business Communicators. A pacesetter, mtl magazine competes successfully nationally and at home. mtl is a well-established and well-respected source of information. This award-winning magazine offers advertisers a unique opportunity. Distribution is targeted to the valuable Mt. Lebanon market and reaches virtually every one of Mt. Lebanon’s 34,000 consumers, as well as residents of surrounding towns who pick up copies at their libraries or book stores, or read it while waiting in professional offices.
710 Washington Road, 3rd floor
Hours of operation—8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
General office 412-343-3407
mtl is delivered free to every household and business in Mt. Lebanon. It also is available at:
- Professional offices, coffee shops, health clubs and other places throughout Pittsburgh’s South Hills.
- Upper St. Clair, Bethel Park, Dormont, Castle Shannon and Scott Township libraries.
- By subscription for $35. Make checks payable to mtl and mail to:
mtl Mt. Lebanon Magazine, 710 Washington Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15228, or call 412-343-3407 for other payment arrangements.
Subscriptions make great gifts for college students and friends and relatives who are former residents.
- Back issues available at Mt. Lebanon Library and online.
If you do not receive your magazine, tell your postal carrier.
FAQs AT A GLANCE
- Published by Mt. Lebanon Municipality
- Founded in 1981
- Total circulation: 23,000
- Includes community and municipal news, lifestyle features, profiles of residents, events calendar, information about special events and educational programs and a Mt. Lebanon Recreation Department calendar
- Publication is paid for by display and classified advertising
- Offers writing and graphic arts internships
- Published 10 times per year (January/February, March, April, May, June, July/August, September, October, November, December)
- Accepts community events and story ideas
MT. LEBANON: WHAT A MARKET!
- Mt. Lebanon has more households with incomes over $100,000 than any municipality in Allegheny County outside the City of Pittsburgh.
- The average Mt. Lebanon resident is 35 years old and enjoys a family income of over $98,000.
- 82% of Mt. Lebanon residents attended college. Of these, 42% earned graduate degrees.
- 86% of Mt. Lebanon residents are employed in managerial, professional and other “white collar” occupations.
- 86% are homeowners. More than one-third have made significant home improvements within the past 12 months.
- More than 50% own corporate stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
- 30% own real estate other than their homes.