As Mt. Lebanon developed, the buildings got taller and the fire department needed longer ladders. In 1932, the department purchased this Seagrave Suburbanite and a Pirch service truck. Both were long enough to carry the ladders on the side of the truck, as demonstrated in this 1939 photo of a drill at the fire station, which was then housed in the Mt. Lebanon Municipal Building.
(Photo courtesy of the Mt. Lebanon Fire Department.)
Way Back is a new look at Mt. Lebanon history in every Mt. Lebanon Magazine, with photos from our archives and from the Historical Society of Mount Lebanon.